Saturday, May 8, 2010

I haven't visited these pages in quite some time...a month and a half to be exact. Somehow I've let life get in the way of real life. Don't get me wrong, there has been sooo many firsts, lots of belly shaking laughter, and yes, some tears. Somehow the days have gotten shorter, and the stuff I need to get done got bigger and every night I rest my tired eyes on my pillow and I try to wish it true," tomorrow....yes, tomorrow I will make time to update this blog." Well, today is that day. I could go on and on about how hard it is without dad living with us, M-F. I could tell you about how overwhelming some days feel. Right now, I don't care about any of that. All I care about is the wonder of You. So much has happened since I last wrote. You sleep through the night now. I barely believe it as I see the words trickle out on the screen in front of me. I smile. Yes, you sleep ALL NIGHT. It all finally came together and clicked for both you and me. We had three tough nights of frequent waking where I summoned all the strength in my soul and didn't rescue your crying eyes from your bed and carry you into my bed to cozy down with me. I had to keep telling myself that this was for your own good...that you needed this....that it was time....and it must have been because now it is truth.

Another first? You are the proud owner of not one, but two, yes, two, shiny pearly whites. Boy did they beat you up while they were coming in. Lots of drool, lots of sudden bursts of tears, complete with the warm rosy face that teething brings. You were such a trooper. I adore watching you feed yourself bite-sized morsels of food. I anxiously await the day when you will get your first taste of cake...on your fast approaching 1st birthday.

You cruise around now too...going from couch to table and back and anywhere you can pull your little self up to. Unfortunately this means a lot more tumbles too. This usually involves at least one heart breaking backwards tumble, complete with the horrible "thunk" of your head hitting the hardwood at least once a day. In these times I can't run to you fast enough...I scoop you up in my arms and we rock until its better. Sometimes we go into the kitchen and I run the water. The second you start to play in the sink the tears simply dissolve.

Last night you slept from 7:30pm until 8:07am. I went to bed at 10pm and slept longer than I have in over a year....Ironically I couldn't stop yawning all day....:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment